Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Quinoa Confetti Salad

I found some unsweetened soy yogurt recently and decided that I was going to splurge and get it even though there's a trace amount of sugar in it. I used it to make this salad: http://www.recleanse.com/?page=salad1

Essentially I just mixed together 2 cups of cooked quinoa, a shredded carrot, a julienned orange pepper, half a red onion, one chopped stalk of celery, 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas, a few dashes of dried dill, a handful of chopped parsley, and a sprinkle of dried kelp. I mixed in about 1/3 cup of my unsweetened soy yogurt. Then I ate it topped with diced avocado, with some sauteed garlicky kale. It was pretty tasty and very colorful. I'd recommend not adding too much of the yogurt at once because it will get soaked into the salad when it sits in the fridge. Just a little bit will do, and you can add a little more with each serving. The kelp was interesting but not really essential - some sea salt would do just fine, or no salt at all if you've cut salt out completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment