Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hummus

I doubt many vegans need to be told how to make hummus. I usually don't make my own, but most of the storebought brands seem to have added salt and such in them, plus I had just made a giant pot of chickpeas, so I tried this out. In my food processor I blended about 3 Tbsp tahini with the juice of one lemon, blending until it was frothy and completely mixed together. Then I added 3 cloves of garlic (probably too much) and blended them in, adding the chickpeas in handful by handful. I used what would maybe be equal to 3/4 of a can.When it was all blended, I scooped it into a bowl, sprinkled some dill on top, and used it as a dip for sliced peppers and celery. A pretty good snack.

1 comment:

  1. Maintaining an ideal weight is important for staying healthy and looking young.you can lose weight by triglycerides diets.Many people suffering from obesity face the risk of heart disease and diabetes.

    ReplyDelete